5th Edition Mar 2019
With fierce granite mountains brooding over high-altitude lakes, the Sierra Nevada is an exquis-ite topographic barrier enclosing magnificent natural landscapes and an adventurer’s wonder-land. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go fishing in Yosemite Valley; canoeing and kayaking in Mammoth Lakes, or horseback riding in King's Canyon; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks Travel Guide:
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, conservation
- Over 42 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
Coverage Includes: Yosemite National Park, Sequoia National Park, Kings Canyon National Park, King's Canyon Point, Badger Pass, Wawona, Tuolumne Meadows, Hetch Hetchy, Sierra National Forest and more
Curator: Michael Grosberg
Writers: Jade Bremner
264 pages, 264pp color, 49 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: Mar 2022